Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Extra Post 10: The Animal Control Experience Part 2

As I wrote about my previous experience with catching a lost dog a little bit ago, the experience happened again just yesterday. As I was walking my own dog with my dad, we see a stray dog bolting down the street towards on coming traffic. So of course I start running after to get a better look. He must of been a greyhound or an extremely skinny mutt, but he was fast. Within 2 minutes he had covered a distance of 5 blocks and he was not stopping. Luckily this time there was two other guys trying to help catch him, but this dog was not stopping.

He defiantly scarred and was not going to come to us. From what I could see, he did not have a collar on anyway, which meant it would have been extremely difficult to find his owner. it is essential that owners have a collar with tags on their dog at all times. This makes it some much easier for the person that finds their dog or the animal control officer and lessens their chance of being thrown into a shelter.

After a few minutes of trying to catch up with the dog he was long gone and basically, I was not fast enough. The two boys kept running after him but I had the wrong clothes to try and run in. Hopefully they finally caught the dog, but the mystery will forever be unsolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment